Once again the financial figures are presented in the format required by the Registrar of Incorporated Societies.
Some points of note are:
- A comparison is shown between 1999 and 2000 figures.
- The term deposit and interest received from it are included in this year’s figures in a slightly different form from the 1999 year.
- Membership fees are down by about $760 but this could well be because of an increase in members in the ‘unwaged’ category.
- A loss was made on the 2000 conference.
- The financial position of the Skeptics is sound and your committee continues to take a positive interest in your financial welfare.
STATEMENT OF FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2000
|Interest received – cheque A/c||46.95||343.41|
|Interest received – term deposit||1299.55||0.00|
|Surplus from conference||0.00||828.74|
|Clerical & secretarial expenses||269.87||2544.17|
|Misc. photocopying, flyers etc.||158.20||381.79|
|Net conference expense||2888.98||0.00|
|News letter production||7175.79||7809.32|
|PO Box rental||120.00||115.00|
|Resident withholding tax on interest||506.82|
|Transfer to term deposit||0.00||27000.00|