Membership to the NZ Skeptics is annual, from January to December.
Soon we will be automating the membership, so that you will be able to login to your account to check your membership status online. In the meantime, if you are unsure if you have paid your membership for this year first search your inbox for an email from email@example.com. If you can’t find a confirmation email, please email the secretary to ask for confirmation of your current membership status.
Membership gains you:
- a subscription to the quarterly New Zealand Skeptic, which provides articles, analysis, comment and clippings on items of skeptical interest, both local and international
- membership to the Skeptics Lending Library, which holds books you are not likely to find in your local library – ones which critically examine the evidence for paranormal phenomena, alternative medicine and the like
- access to the opt-in email list to get up-to-the-minute news on items of skeptical interest
- fast answers to skeptical questions through national and international contacts and information resources
- advance notice of local meetings and national lecture tours – previous lecture tours have included noted evolutionist Dr Richard Dawkins, world-leading magician James “The Amazing” Randi and Dr Susan Blackmore, qualified parapsychologist and CSICOP Fellow
- the most educational and entertaining annual conference on the calendar
- a chance to nominate individuals or organisations for the annual Bent Spoon Award for the most gullible, poorly researched commentary or report of the year – past “winners” include Holmes, Consumer, the Listener, NZQA and Wellington Hospital
- a chance to nominate individuals or organisations for the Bravo Awards to recognise and reward journalistic excellence
- comfort in the knowledge that you are not the only one interested in asking questions about extraordinary claims